To ask something, you can say like this :
¡
- Can you give me ___ ?
- Take me that __?
- Could you give me the ___ ?
- May I borrow your _____?
- Could you please ___ ?
- Would you kindly ___ ?
¡
- Excuse me, may I borrow your book?
- Excuse me, could you lend me your camera, please?
Or you can offer something ..
¡
- Can I offer something to __ ?
- Would you like a __ ?
- Can I help you ?
For example :
¡
- Excuse me, would you like a cup of milk?
- Excuse me, can I offer you something to drink ?
Giving :
When someone want to borrow or offering something, you can response that whit accepting or refusing.
To accepting, you can say :
•
- Here you are
- Here it is
- Sure__
- Sure, glad to help__
- Yes, of course.
- Of course
- Certainly__
To refusing, you can say :
•
- I’m sorry, I’m busy right now
- No, I’m sorry. I’m using it
- I’m sorry I don’t have any ___
- No, thanks. I’ve ___
For example :
»
- I’m sorry, I don’t have any pen
- No, thanks. I’ve drunk a lot water
Example of a Simple Dialogues for Asking and Giving
Something
Something
l>> A : Excuse me, could you lend me your pencil ?
B : I’m sorry, I’m using it
A : No problem
>>Mrs. Anwar : Lucky, come here.
Lucky : Yes, Mom. What’s the matter ?
Mrs. Anwar : Lucky, can you get me some chilies from from the refrigerator?
Lucky : Yes, sure Mom. What are you making anyway, Mom ?
Mrs. Anwar : I will make rendang, Lucky.
Your father likes it very much.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Feedback